LSR injection molding has many advantages over traditional materials: short molding cycle, high degree of automated molding, low vulcanization temperature, high precision of the product, long service life of the product and more. It becomes an alternative to popular synthetic rubber materials and high-end applications.
Liquid Silicone Rubber(LSR) injection molding enables the production of high-quality and precise parts and components that meet the specific requirements of each industry. It is used in healthcare, automotive, electronics, gaskets, and more.
Industries and applications
- Medical and Healthcare Industry —LSR products are biocompatible, they do not cause any harm to the human body. Medical-grade liquid silicone rubber offers numerous advantages, such as bio-compatibility, easy sterilization and transparency. This makes LSR products ideal for use in medical devices such as breathing masks, anesthetic masks, and hearing aid components. The product also meets strict FDA standards.
- Consumer products— Silicone and plastic material has a wide and general use for food grade products, like kitchenware products, baking moulds products etc. It is used to create food-grade molds, seals, and packaging components. LSR products are soft and flexible, making them ideal for use in baby bottles, pacifiers, and teething toys. They are also easy to clean and sterilize.
- Automotive Parts— LSR products are resistant to extreme temperatures and chemicals, making them ideal for use in the automotive industry. Many OEMs and 1st and 2nd automotive suppliers prefer liquid silicone rubber injection molding process to create a wide variety of standalone parts, such as o-rings, buttons, components, gaskets, and wiring harness components.
- Electronics— Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) injection molding is transforming the electronic industry by offering unparalleled flexibility, durability and precision. It is used in the production of electronics such as electronic plastic housing, smartwatch bands and silicone rubber keypad & keyboard. The material’s resistance to heat and chemicals ensures the longevity and reliability of electronic devices.
- Safety protective mask aspirator— LSR injection molding finds applications in the safety protective mask aspirator, including silicone breathing face mask, valves, sealing rings, silicone nasal mask, eyes protective mask and so on.